About this role
This impressive soft crafts and industrial specialty field services company is looking for its next Business Development Manager.
The company provides services to a diverse array of facilities in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas/refinery, power, pulp & paper, and steel space.
As Business Development Manager you will work within the turnaround, shutdown, outage, maintenance, and construction space to sell scaffolding, insulation, painting, coating, corrosion, and refractory field services.
Your end goal? To improve the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth.
As Business Development Manager you will define long-term business strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals, and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
You will work closely with internal teams, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue generation for the organization. Your tasks will include finding potential new customers, presenting to them, persuading and converting them to become valued clients, and then develop them to grow future business.
The Business Development Manager will also manage existing clients and ensure current customers stay satisfied and positive. You will call on clients, to check in, update them with latest information and to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their future needs.
You’ll attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
As Business Development Manager you will:
- Predominately target those clients working in the Oil and Gas, Chemical/Petrochemical, Power Generation, Pulp & Paper, and Steel space.
- Prospect for potential new clients using your current industrial contacts and by growing your networks; through cold calling, advertising or other means to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities from potential clients.
- Use your relationship building skills to develop a rapport with new clients, set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship and increase business.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organizations such as large and small engineering, procurement & construction companies, or other industrial contractors, ideally targeting ground to mid-level decision-makers, and developing executive decision-maker relationships.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals where you will plan approaches and pitches.
- You’ll work with the team to develop proposals that address client needs, concerns, and objectives.
You’ll participate in pricing the solution/service, and handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. You’ll use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
There is travel to meet with clients and you’ll need a good driving record, and valid driver’s license. You’ll identify yourself as a highly competitive and goal-oriented person, with a strong drive and great communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required with an, emphasis in sales and marketing preferred (not required)
- 10+ years of sales experience required - Industrial, Oil and Gas, Chemical/Petrochemical, Power Generation, Pulp & Paper, or Steel preferred
- Proven ability to build sustainable relationships with customers, teammates, and leadership
- Must have valid driver’s license and a good driving record
Get in touch to find out more about the package available for this permanent role based in Houston, TX. There’s generous rewards for the right candidate.
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Imran Walji is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston
Want similar jobs in your inbox?
Sign up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement