About this role
We’re looking for Schedulers with power utility experience, for contract roles based in La Jolla, CA. You’ll need to be highly competent with primavera P6. You’ll have between 5-8 years of experience of effective collaboration with other Project Controls functions, combined with a focus on customer service
There are multiple Scheduler opportunities here, all focused on project planning and scheduling, monitoring, progress measurement, risk management and reporting for power utilities.
In this role you will provide data to clients (owner or general contractor) that enables the customer to stay on schedule, track resources, manage costs and mitigate delay damages.
Duties will include: creation of detailed network schedules, analysis of earned value/ schedule performance data, critical path analyses, etc. for weekly/monthly reporting.
Schedulers will interact with customers and the Project Management team for development of the project schedule. You will gather information, conduct analysis and prepare reports and presentations of information to communicate potential issues and concerns as needed on the project in monthly meetings.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, identifying relationships, logic, milestones, durations, and constraints for the portfolio of projects
- Monitor and proactively provide input on project and issues impacting the project
- Provide Earned Value analysis and/ or other progress reporting functions
- Communicate and coordinate between individuals and departments, to manage the program schedule and update process
- Work independently with Project Managers to design project scopes and report on costs and schedules
- Own the Baseline schedule and work with the clients on updates providing strategic and intuitive information for the team to use
- Perform needed QA/QC on project schedules, to ensure alignment/ compliance with program goals and initiatives
- Prepare ad-hoc reports, as directed by management
Contractor/ subcontractor interface and review
Run/ manage schedule review meetings
- Coordinate and liaison across multiple departments to ensure stakeholder buy-in to the project schedule
You’ll need strong analytical skills to review all project controls information and ensure accuracy, as well as identifying issues, concerns and potential mitigations.
You’ll need at least 5 years of experience in project planning/scheduling, preferably with power utilities (transmission, distribution and/or substation). You'll be experienced with high volume, quick turnaround projects.
- BA/BS degree (Construction or Engineering preferred) with 5+ years’ work experience or equivalent
- Proficiency with critical path network scheduling tools, specifically Primavera P6
- Knowledge and skills in critical path method (CPM) project schedule development
- Experience with earned value and other performance measurement techniques
- Experience in network schedule development working in a project team environment, using advanced scheduling techniques such as resource loading, and critical path analysis
- Experience in critical path schedule analysis, integrated cost-schedule planning, schedule performance assessment, and reporting
- Experience in work breakdown structure development
- Experience with cost-schedule change control processes
- Ability to work collaboratively during interactive planning sessions, making changes in real time
Why work through Brunel? With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are ideally placed to help you get the contract that best suits you. With Brunel you will gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further. This role offers extraordinary earning potential and a very competitive benefits package. Apply today to learn more.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Keith Jones is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston
Want similar jobs in your inbox?
Sign up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement