About this role
In this position you will have the opportunity to apply your structural engineering experience in a leadership role. You will be leading the design, delivery and documentation of project requirements for a variety of facilities, within both public and private sectors.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in various projects throughout North America and abroad. You’ll be providing client liaison, and contributing to, multiple regional marketing and Business Development efforts.
You will be part of a dynamic team that is growing this business in the U.S.
- Design and analysis of a variety of structures, such as concrete dams and other hydraulic structures including detailed assessment of seismic and flood loading.
- Coaching other engineering and support staff, including mentoring of junior engineers, and provision of quality assurance review or input where required.
- Demonstrating the firm's capabilities, meeting client needs, and assisting with proposal preparation and other business development activities.
- Assigning personnel to various projects and monitoring their progress.
- Coordinating with other discipline engineers to ensure all project deliverables meet schedule, time, budget and quality standards.
You'll have working knowledge of U.S. codes and standards, and a strong safety mindset. Awareness of USACE design standards and/or FERC Part 12D dam safety requirements is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural engineering from an accredited University. Graduate degree would be advantageous.
- PE license is required, SE is advantageous.
- 10-15+ years of experience in Structural Engineering.
- Field experience related to construction and/or inspection preferred.
If you have experience in hydropower, dams, locks, canals, large steel gates or related structures, then make sure you have this listed on your resume. I'll also be looking for demonstrated experience in structural design of reinforced concrete and steel structures, and use of commercially available programs for structural and finite element analysis.
Proficiency in ANSYS and/or similar programs that can be used for advanced analysis such as dynamic response spectrum or seismic time history analysis, is a plus.
With this company, you will grow your technical skills and gain the experience to really accelerate your career. With almost 10,000 employees in 150+ countries worldwide, you will be part of an established and innovative culture.
It's a great move, with an varied and interesting workload, and the opportunity to have real influence.
Get in touch today.
Email me at email@example.com or reach out via LinkedIn.
What we offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Publication: PUB250096
- Location: New York
- Market: Infrastructure
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Utilities & Distribution
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Sunday, March 8, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Structural Engineer - New York
Confirmation sent to