About this role
We’re hiring a Senior Mechanical Turnaround Planner to join our client’s growing team.
- Prepare and maintain effective and efficient detailed execution job plans, packages and libraries that identify all requirements including all specialty tools, all labor, materials, and external services to safely execute the work.
- Identify safety considerations, including safe work procedures or other specific procedures that must be followed.
- Accurately identify all parts, tools, resources and special equipment and sequencing required to execute in alignment with asset care strategies and corrective repair requirements.
- Maintain a backlog in alignment with Maintenance Work Management (MWM) Processes that will facilitate efficient manpower distribution, of both internal and contract personnel.
- Understand and commit to the corporate Maintenance Work Management processes, standard, procedures and working instructions.
- Identify discipline specific isolations to execute the work – Impairments / process isolations
- Ensure the required information from the identified resources are included in multidisciplinary jobs (need to work with other discipline planners).
- Sequence the job to ensure maximum tool time and minimize equipment down time.
- Identify required permits to execute the work – CSE / Red Hot / Impairment / EEWA.
- Create task list as needed and ensure it is accurate.
- Create and maintain planning history files and job libraries using SAP PM Module.
- Maintain a business unit backlog and follow Maintenance Work Management Processes that will facilitate efficient manpower distribution of both internal and contract personnel.
- Perform or lead job plan reviews after execution to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Participate in cross-functional teams including other departments.
- Execute work in a manner that reflects the client’s values.
- Contribute to a work environment that supports a motivated, productive team.
- Escalate issues that require higher authority for input and resolution.
- Maintain a Continuous Improvement mindset focused on planning and execution productivity in MWM.
- Participate in and support reliability programs.
- Valid Alberta Journeyman and Red Seal Industrial Mechanic (Millwright).
- A minimum 10 plus years of Journeyman and/or senior Turnaround planning experience.
- Strong commitment to Responsible Care Principles through demonstrated excellence in occupational safety, process safety and environmental stewardship.
- Experience in a petrochemical, gas or heavy oil processing plant with significant experience in planning the PM, Pdm and corrective repairing of turbo machinery, blowers, screw compressors, centrifugal pumps, fans, steam turbines, mechanical seals, reciprocating compressors, extruders and conveying systems and positive displacement pumps would be is considered a key attribute
- Strong troubleshooting, conflict management, leadership and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work with and mentor developing team members and provide focal point coverage for contract personnel.
- Expert level working capability of corporate EAM/CMMS software (SAP 1909) and related tools, Microsoft office suite of tools.
- Demonstrated initiative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and technical knowledge.
- Ability to work effectively and independently with Maintenance, Operations and Engineering Teams.
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Focused attention to detail with excellent documentation skills.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rory Lyden is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto