About this role
Our client is seeking a Systems Engineer for a Full-Time, contract opportunity. This is a 1 year contract opportunity with the potential for extension. This will be 50 / 50 WFH and work from the office.
The Systems Engineer will support multi-discipline systems engineering functions at the work site. The role will focus on the project and technical requirements throughout the project life-cycles of existing and future shipbuilding projects.
- Assist with the development of candidate concepts and conduct trade studies to aid decision support.
- Administer project and technical requirements throughout the life-cycle of ship construction projects.
- Undertake systems and sub-system design and implementation, including:
- Define and manage/control interfaces at system boundaries.
- Perform systems integration.
- Plan systems qualification, including higher level tests and trials.
- Assist with problem solving and resolution of technical issues.
- Review the impact of contract change requirements through the life of projects and the impacts from a wider project and commercial perspective.
- Liaise with the Business Development team to support the submission of bids and proposals for new construction and in-services support opportunities.
- Support the negotiation and resolution of change requests from customers that are inconsistent with agreed project and technical requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in Systems Engineering, preferably with knowledge of ship/maritime systems.
- Relevant experience and strong technical background may substitute education degree requirement.
- Professional Engineer, Incorporated Engineer or Engineer in Training designation with a recognized, accredited institution required.
- Experience with supplier technical management an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, combined with strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across a multi-disciplined team.
- Engineering software or computer systems experience.
- Critical thinker with the ability to analyze change requests, projects, and designs to anticipate schedule or budget risk.
- A lateral thinker who can relate to broader business issues. Takes an active interest in the business.
- Willingness to spend time with each business areas to gain first-hand insight into the business.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
Want similar jobs in your inbox?
Sign up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement