About this role
We’re hiring a Payroll Administrator for a 1-year contract with our client, a world leader in developing products and services that enhance animal health, wellness and performance. Location: Guelph, ON or Charlottetown, PEI
The payroll associate will be responsible for the ongoing administration of the company’s payroll processes for Canada. Responsibilities include ensuring payroll inputs are submitted per schedule established with the client’s external payroll partner and adhering to all necessary statutory requirements and controls. This professional will be reporting to the Global HR Director.
- In coordination with the global payroll team, ensure Canada payroll processes are well documented.
- Submit all payroll inputs to the company’s third-party payroll partner accurately and on schedule.
- Maintain accurate payroll related employee data in workday, in the company’s HR system of record.
- Make recommendations to improve system and process efficiency, participate in testing efforts for system updates.
- Ensure issue related to Canada payroll are escalate to global payroll team.
- Work with third-party payroll provider to made payroll system process improvements.
- Ensure third-party help desk support maintains accurate Canada payroll FAQs in order to accurately and timely respond to employee inquiries.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- 5 years minimum experience managing payroll systems and procedures.
- Heavy experience with payroll accounting
- A Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification is preferred.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing systems and payroll principles.
- Experience in HR process design and execution.
- Strong expertise in reporting and analytics, including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a safe on-boarding process. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are supporting projects and clients worldwide. With Brunel you gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Monnatha Grego is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary