About this role
The responsibilities of the Structural Designer shall include, but are not limited to, those contained in the following statements:
- 3D modelling using PDMS/Tekla for steel structures;
- Draught & check detailed design drawings of civil and structural such as Structural steel framing plans, detailed structural drawings;
- Prepare & check materials take-offs and bill of materials;
- Model secondary steel, grating and handrail connections in Tekla and extract 2D drawings fit for fabrication;
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data from other parties/execution offices;
- Manage drawings and records to demonstrate procedural compliance with QA activities for internal reviews;
- Establish good working relationships and communication with discipline leads, department managers and clients;
- Visit yard during construction and understand improvements needed in design;
- Adhere to the HSE requirements stipulated by Company/Clients;
- Undertake any other general duties that may be requested. The list of duties is not exhaustive in any way and may change at any time.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of work experience in the Oil & Gas industry with at least 5 years in similar position;
- Diploma in Civil engineering from an accredited university or equivalent;
- Experience in similar position working for EPC Onshore Oil & Gas projects;
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience in the use of AutoCAD/Microstation 2D/ Tekla;
- Ability to demonstration 3D Modelling experience using PDMS/ CADWorx;
- A basic understanding of constructability, operability and maintainability requirements;
- Strong knowledge of civil and structural design standards used in the industry;
- Display a working knowledge of industry standard drafting practices;
- Verbal and written communication using English is compulsory.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a company registered in the Netherlands with over 10,000 employees in 104 offices across 35 countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Upstream Oil & Gas, Downstream Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power Generation, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Pay Rolling, Contract Hire and Direct Hire services for major Operating companies and EPC contractors.
Today, we’ve grown into a global service provider with an annual turnover of € 885 million, and we’re listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV and included in the Amsterdam Small Cap Index (AScX).
- Vacancy number: PUB254998
- Location: Chennai
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 45
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Professional Courses
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Saturday, March 14, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Structural Designer - Tamil Nadu
Confirmation sent to