About this role
In this role you will be executing the Project Quality Plan per the assigned scope of work. You’ll develop Surveillance Plans and Programs thorugh ongoing monitoring and auditing. You’ll report quality issues, status, metrics and company’s learned to the Project Management Team.
As QA/QC Coordinator on materials for regional capital projects, you will be auditing civil contractor field preparation and monitoring weld quality through field surveys and contractor tracking programs. You’ll prepare condition monitoring program data for in line with Inspection and Engineering department requirements.
You’ll be maintaining log of required documentation for tie-in to existing equipment. You’ll compile regulated equipment packages for turnover to refinery, and assist the Field Engineer with document turnover to the refinery.
At every step, you’ll be promoting quality awareness, training key staff and supervising key tasks.
- Establishing control processes within the subproject Project Team (PT), per the Project Plan and the Project Quality Plan
- Overseeing Contractor implementation of their Quality program and compliance with project requirements, monitoring the performance of key quality assurance (QA) staff
- Participating in qualification of proposed Subcontractors or Suppliers
- Ensuring Contractor’s surveillance activities are commensurate with Criticality Ratings, and monitoring Contractor audit programs
- Reviewing metrics from engineering, procurement, and construction sites to identify and assist in resolution of issues
- Assisting in the development of Quality portion of site close-out reports as necessary
You may also take on the role of Procurement Quality Coordinator (PQC) or Site Quality Coordinator (SQC) until these tasks are assigned.
- Experience in quality assurance/control of field construction and completions activities
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Engineering or Science preferred
- Technical discipline certifications commensurate with work experience
- Qualification / certification in auditing and in inspection disciplines is preferred
Required specific certifications
- AWS CWI Certification (API 1104, ASME Section IX, ASME Section VIII, B31.1, B31.3 code
- Certified industrial rigger OSHA 30-hour certification
- OSHA bolting certification
- SAP and Microsoft Office Suite software
- AutoCAD / Bluebeam software
Your resume should provide details of your experience auditing quality management systems, and time spent on project completions/documentation for operations turnover.
Please mention worldwide experience with Contractors and Suppliers involved in production facilities projects.
Experience working in client roles on major production facilities projects is preferred.
What we offer
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a 401k. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are ideally placed to help you get the contract that best suits you. With Brunel you will gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB255952
- Location: Channahon
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Closing date: Sunday, April 12, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Quality Assurance Coordinator - Illinois
Confirmation sent to