About this role
- Consult clients on comprehensive Materials Management and Inventory Management Strategies
- Develop repairs and spares, warehouse, and preservation strategies in line with client requirements
- Train and coach team members on how to read and understand BoMs, SPILs/SPIRs, vendor datasheets and how to build Job Plan and Equipment BoMs.
- Advise client on how to optimize spare inventory through min/max level setting based on criticality, lead time, etc.
- Develop a critical spares management audit program for clients to ensure their materials/warehouse management processes are accurate and effective
- Travel to client sites, both onshore and offshore, as required
- Provide expert technical advice about the suitability of materials for equipment
- Advise on spares required for planned maintenance and breakdown repairs
- Ensure project teams are fully compliant with any materials scope of work
- Select the best combination of materials for specific purposes and provide expertise to the team on creation of Bill of Materials
- Supervise and review the work of materials engineering technicians and other team members
- Consider the costs implications of materials used and alternatives, in terms of both time and money
- Represent the company in Client’s workshops and Meetings
- Represent material management in business development, proposal reviews, and project kickoff meetings.
- Lead / participate in discussions with other functions and teams regarding improvement in processes, procedures and methods of working
- Act as Mentor and provide training to Junior team members to build experience and knowledge within the team
- 10+ years experience in a materials management and inventory management role (preferably in the oil & gas industry)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Robust Knowledge in Materials and Warehouse Management
- Willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally, onshore and offshore as needed
- Familiarization and ability to interpret P&ID, PFD and Cause & Effect Chart
- Knowledge in RAM Modelling & Analysis
- Knowledge in Reliability Engineering
- Proficient in the use of CMMS Platforms (SAP & MAXIMO)
- Use of computer applications (MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Access & MS Project)
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer
What We OfferWhy work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
- Publication: PUB248021
- Location: Houston
- Market: Energy
- Hours per week: 40
- Branche: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Sunday, February 16, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Materials Manager - Texas
Confirmation sent to