About this role
Brunel Guyana Inc seeks candidates for a Maintenance Manager role based in Georgetown, Guyana. It's a mid-senior role (5+ years of proven experience) that requires shore-base competence for facilities maintainance, equipment maintenance etc. for all operations at the base.
If you are ready for your next step, get in touch.
As Maintenance Manager you will manage the crew that completes all daily tasks related to operation on the base.
You will oversee all Facilities Maintenance, Equipment Maintenance, and Technical/Electrical Maintenance teams. You'll report directly to the General Manager.
Your team is diverse, so you will create a culture of inclusion and patience as your team learns and grows.
- Planning and scheduling daily and weekly maintenance activities for the Facilities Maintenance Department.
- Coordinating installation, maintenance, and repair work in buildings or large complexes on site.
- Overseeing and coordinating the workers who maintain and repair electrical, plumbing, ventilation, and other building systems.
- Checking that all worksite operations are compliant with relevant Client standards.
- Supporting use of the observation card system for inspections and observations (with a “No Blame “culture).
- Ensuring all workforce members follow HSE procedures/regulations when on site.
- Monitoring inventory of materials and equipment and ensuring there is a record of shift attendance.
- Documenting, recording, and approving work performed, materials used, equipment operated, etc.
- Scheduling workforce into working groups across the worksite.
Coordinating and delegating daily tasks to crew members.
- Inspecting work to ensure high job quality and communicating with customers.
- Developing and implementing maintenance procedures and maintaining personnel records.
- Evaluating problematic systems or facilities and determining what installation or repair services need to be performed.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ proven experience in a leadership role as a Foreman in an Oil and Gas or Construction environment.
- Previous maintenance or construction experience.
- Hands-on experience performing maintenance on diesel and hydraulic equipment such as trucks/cranes/forklifts.
- Competent in various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, etc.
- Knowledge of PPE and basic safety precautions.
The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to Georgetown, Guyana (travel home will be provided 2-3 times a year). Experience working with diverse teams and/or in remote conditions is a plus.
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates and a comprehensive benefits package. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are ideally placed to help you get the contract that best suits you. With Brunel you will gain experience and expertise, building on your skills, and developing your career further.
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Angela Tran is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston
Want similar jobs in your inbox?
Sign up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement