About this role
- Lead the electrical project engineering, procurement and installation activities and provide guidance and support to electrical team;
- Lead the regular team activity follow up meetings and ensure all work activities are allocated correctly and progressed in accordance with agreed schedule to meet project deadlines;
- Participate in surveys and technical scope of work evaluations to understand and explain customer and project requirements;
- Carryout detailed electrical design, sizing and calculations, and verify design done by project engineers and designers;
- Prepare/ update single-line and termination diagrams and other drawings and documents to meet project specifications;
- Prepare detailed BOMs, RFQs, tool lists, and supervise the procurement of electrical equipment and components to ensure correct spec and prompt delivery;
- Liaise with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure quotations are received promptly and technical requirements are followed;
- Prepare bids/ offers/ quotations and continue following up and supporting the tender team post tender submission as required;
- Coordinate with subcontractors through the life span of the project to ensure that appropriate engineering methods are applied and issued drawings correspond to the client requirements before and after the installation work;
- Monitor project progress to ensure schedule and budget targets are met. Submit required report to the EM and PMs;
- Ensure that required technical as-built documentation is prepared after each project, and participate in preparation of project summaries upon project completion;
- Understand offshore installation rules & standards and ensure implementation during installation;
- Deployment to offshore projects based on requirements and coordinate installation work, including final sign-off of electrical installation;
- Input to HSE to improve offshore performance;
- Develop in-house manuals and procedures, and provide ideas to standardise and improve the overall performance.
- Holds a degree in Electrical Engineering (BSc or MSc);
- Good experience and understanding of IEC Offshore Installation Standards and Oil & Gas electrical installation requirements onboard fixed or floating vessels;
- Good knowledge of Classification Society Rules (ABS / DNV) electrical requirements;
- Prior experience on offshore drilling rigs is a must, with project engineering/ installation experience.
What we offer
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates and a benefits package. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we can get you the contract to suit you. With Brunel you gain experience , building on your skills and enhancing your resume.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Vacancy number: PUB259648
- Location: United Arab Emirates
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 48
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Wednesday, April 8, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Lead Electrical Coordinator - United Arab Emirates
Confirmation sent to