About this role
This position reports to the Supply Manager and Commercial Manager.
- Reporting to this position are Purchasing Officers, Logistics Officers, Store men and Logistics Drivers;
- The position interacts with the General Manager, Mining Manager, Processing Manager, Maintenance & Engineering Manager, Commercial Manager, and Accounts Payable Officers;
- The incumbent will be a member of the site management team (HOD’s) when the Supply Manager is on field break and will be expected to contribute positively to the overall management of the Operation.
Qualifications & Skills:
- A Diploma or Degree related field of studies is preferred but not essential;
- be an excellent user of the PRONTO software package as it applies to a modern warehouse;
- 5 to 10 year’s supervisory role in warehouse environment or similar;
- Experience at a mining operation essential;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a purchasing role in a large modern warehouse environment;
- Self-starter, very resourceful and with ability to find solutions;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Flexible, adaptable, patient and courteous and demonstrate supervisory and leadership skills;
- Ability to meet related schedules and deadlines;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Proficient in computer and e-mail correspondences and a good Excel software user;
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with vendors and K92 Mining Ltd employees.
What we offer
Excellent rotation and a salary package in line with role, full camps accommodation, medical and messing when on site, all rotational travel covered by client from and to POH.
Opportunity to work in one of the countries more agile and rapidly growing underground mines
- Publication: PUB248869
- Location: Papua New Guinea
- Market: Energy
- Hours per week: 72
- Branche: Mining
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Closing date: Tuesday, April 28, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Assistant Supply Manager - Papua New Guinea
Confirmation sent to