About this role
We’re hiring a Medical Information Specialist for a highly successful Global Pharmaceutical Client located in Laval, Quebec.
When possible again, this is a office based role, located in Laval Quebec.
Contribute to ensuring evidence-based and accurate medical information on products is provided to healthcare professionals, consumers and internal clients in a timely manner and in accordance with Canadian and Global Medical Information good scientific practices.
Support the Medical Information Contact Center (MICC) under external supplier responsibility. Develop and maintain Canadian product scientific response documents.
Contribute to launch readiness activities for new products.
Key responsibilities and duties for this job
- Support MICC within assigned therapeutic areas;
- Ensure quality of the information provided to our customers by supporting and monitoring MICC external supplier who is providing just in time evidence-based information and scientific expertise on products;
- Provide guidance to MICC external supplier in a timely fashion on day-to-day requests within assigned therapeutic areas. This includes scientific response documents for verbal and written frequently asked questions, as well as response to ad hoc enquiries;
- Handle escalated enquiries;
- Provide support to MICC external supplier for primary intake of adverse events and product complaints, in collaboration with Pharmacovigilance and Quality Assurance teams;
- Perform quality control of MICC external supplier;
- Provide regular feedback/training to MICC external supplier to optimize Medical Information services;
- Develop and maintain Canadian product scientific response documents;
- Contribute to the development, review and update of scientific response documents such as FAQs/Q&As, letters and technical sheets for use in verbal and written responses;
- Contribute to literature reviews;
- Maintain strong relations with Canadian and Global Medical Information teams to optimize sharing of product information;
- Ensure Medical Information materials are compliant with Canadian and Global Medical Information good scientific practices;
- Contribute to product launch readiness within the assigned therapeutic areas;
- Contribute to optimization of Global Medical Information systems;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders;
- Participate in the development of specific technical/medical responses or analysis to specific situations such as product discontinuation, media attention, crisis situations and responses to Health Canada or other organizations within the assigned therapeutic areas;
- Analyze and share customer insights with commercial and field teams to meet customer needs;
- Deliver training on Medical Information services and processes for commercial, field teams and patient support program suppliers.
Key requirements for this job
- Pharmacist or physician;
- Bilingual: written and spoken French and English;
- Previous in-depth experience of pharmaceutical medical information processes is necessary;
- Some experience in hospital, community pharmacy or in a drug information center would be an asset;
- Experience in designing and conducting literature searches;
- Excellent communicator;
- Strong customer-centric values;
- Excellent communication and medical writing skills;
- Strong analytical and synthesis aptitudes;
- Teamwork approach;
- Problem solving abilities;
- Time management and multi-tasking;
- Understanding of the clinical development process and of the commercial environment would be an asset;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of data sharing platform such as e-room or SharePoint;
- Experience with scientific literature database such as Medline, Embase and Medscape.
Occasional meetings with external suppliers, participation in off-site meetings and scientific conferences.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Diana Grodowski is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto