About this role
We’re hiring a Developer – Java Design / Architecture to join our client’s team to design and develop reusable, clean, and elegant technical solutions to business problems and contribute to the evolution of the architecture. This position is a full time position that offers tremendous growth opportunities within a dynamic, successful and expanding company.
- Contribute to design and re-architecting discussions, identify and execute POCs to research and evaluate solution options, develop solutions and deliver results,
- Provide efficient support and troubleshoot problems both internally and externally,
- Develop awesome, clean, high-quality code and become an expert on various platform components
- Mentor junior and intermediate developers on project deliveries; perform code reviews and design reviews guiding them to accurate and efficient solutions
- 7+ years’ of software development.
- Experience working with complex business applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Expertise in Java and related technologies: Java, Spring, JMX, JNDI, JDBC.
- Experience in designing highly scalable and reliable systems that have high volume of transactions: from conception, research and POC, design, to development and delivery.
- Experience in re-architecting and transitioning monolithic architecture to newer versions of the system to improve reliability and scalability.
- Experience with solutions utilizing microservices architecture (container and orchestration technology), event streams (message bus, queues), API gateway, and scalable databases – For instance, Kubernetes, Docker, ESB, JMS, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, No SQL databases, Azure API Management.
- Experience with technologies for clustering, load balancing, multi-threading.
- Development experience with persistence frameworks, such as Hibernate and MyBatis.
- Development experience with database design and technologies, such as DB2, SQL Server, and MySQL.
- Development experience with the operating systems: Linux or Unix.
- Strong application of software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging.
- Experience in mobile application development Android and iOS OR desire for learning.
- Experience leading high performant development teams to deliver quality solutions.
- Experience with consuming, producing, and designing RESTful web services.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That is what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we have created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
Want similar jobs in your inbox?
Sign up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement