About this role
Brunel is currently searching for several HR Business Partners for direct hire with our client in Northern Nevada.
The ideal candidate will possess a background in employee and industrial relations, program development and talent management.
- Ensure all programs, actions and approaches support the organization’s goals for safety and sustainability.
- Act as a liaison between employer and employee to resolve employee and labor relations matters.
- Effectively handle employee complaints and/or grievances and escalate these complaints when necessary.
- Manage complex employee and labor relations issues to resolutions, conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations related to workplace matters.
- Consult with business leaders on findings and/or recommendations regarding employee and labor relations matters; coach managers and serve as a sounding board on people-related decisions; mitigate risks.
- Provide timely and efficient responses to all day to day human resources queries from employees and managers.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the operational divisions and other human resources support groups to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Utilize key partners in HR (e.g., Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, and Talent Management) to bring resolution to complex employee and talent related issues and ensure consistency in program framework and implementation in functional areas.
- Provide direction and support to all levels of management, particularly in employee engagement, change management, and leadership.
- Participate in various HR projects as business needs allow.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; emphasis in Human Resources desirable
- 5+ years of broad-based Human Resources experience preferably as an HR generalist or Business Partner or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years in mining, construction, utilities, or other heavy industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the Human Resources function with the ability to learn, use and administer the organization’s HR policies and strategies required.
- Strong business partner experience in making a positive impact on the business by understanding and working with the management team anticipating future needs of the business and recommending HR solutions required.
- Knowledge of and ability to use the organization’s and industry’s standards, procedures, and policies relevant to human resources management preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present complex information via a simplistic approach required.
- Resolute in handling confidential/sensitive information required.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and related systems required.
- Proven safe work record required.
- Flexibility to work staggered hours to support a 24/7 continuous, fast-paced operation required.
- Must be willing to work four (M-Th), 12-hour days. 2 hours of your day will be spent car-pooling to the mine site. Your day will start at 4:30a getting into company pool car, driving 1 hour to your work site, ending your day at site at 4p and commuting the 1 hour back to your vehicle. 3 day weekends!!
- A comprehensive, competitive compensation package including bonus, benefits, 401K matching, paid time off and stock purchase plans
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues are endless with access to a variety of career opportunities across company locations
- Our client is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. They’re commitment to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy for our host communities.
Join the Brunel FamilyOur client is part of a joint venture creating the single largest gold producing complex in the world!
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit
Want similar jobs in your inbox?
Sign up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement