About this role
About this role
Brunel Australasia are currently recruiting for a Financial Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to join a global Oil and Gas industry leader, working from their operations in the heart of Melbourne.
Brunel have partnered with one of Australia's leading Oil and Gas companies to successfully recruit and place a suitably qualified Financial Analyst based in Docklands.
The successful applicant will provide analytical support in order to deliver financial results. Work with internal workers and external vendors to resolve issues and provide ad-hoc financial analysis. Prepare cost reports including forecasts/outlooks. Assist with allocation of funds for projects based on approved budgets and monitors project accounting. Validate invoices, expenditures and change requests impacting budgets. Identifies and implements improvements to cost management processes for greater efficiency and effectiveness. Works with minimal work direction and is highly skilled and knowledgeable to the position.
Financial Analyst on Expert level has extensive experience in the field and can potentially supervise others or give trainings.
- Prepare reports and analyse AFE expenditures
- Facilitate Drill Team monitoring of AFE cumulative spend and AFE supplement preparation
- Initiate Final AFE reconciliations (AFE vs. Actual vs. FCE WellView) and work with engineers to provide detailed explanations, overrun approvals, etc.
- Facilitate Drill Team communication to Controller's when Drilling work is complete (typically FRR date) so that Controller's can initiate AFE close-out within local affiliate timing guidelines.
- Assist with providing Controller's necessary data (rig days, FCE, etc.) for developing financial accruals.
- Participate in review of cost allocation methodologies ensuring that such processes are fair and well documented. Assist with data collection and communication.
- Provide DOAG interpretations
- Understand CIMS, coordinate CIMS training to Drilling personnel as necessary.
- Periodically review requisitions, POs, invoices, expense accounts, etc. for compliance with DOAG approval limits.
- Facilitate open and effective communications between Drilling, Procurement and Controller's.
- Assist Drilling Financial Services with various HQ originated initiatives.
- Implement End-of-Well procedures for the disposition of materials and consumables (appropriately modified and implemented to meet local affiliate requirements).
- Help identify the fixed asset acquisitions and work w/ Controller's to get them set up on the general ledger.
- Where Inventory Balance Sheet (225) Accounts are used, assist with the monthly reconciliation of the materials management system (SAP/IMS) to the general ledger (SAP/IDEAS).
- Provide interface between Audit and Drilling including assisting auditors with data requests and resolving audit issues and concerns.
- Lead or support DFS in the performance of mid-audit assessments (CIMS assessments).
- Coordinate Drilling responses to audit/assessment observations to ensure effective close-out of gaps and completion of agreed
- Conduct periodic review and verification tests of processes that impact drilling activity.
- Assist Drilling with communication to Controller's of need to set-up and close Drilling AFEs. Ensure Controller's performs those actions timely.
- Run or obtain financial reports as necessary (AFE spend status, spend by AFE, etc.)
- Assist as necessary with invoice processing activities (contract compliance reviews, timely approval for payment within contract terms) and maintain invoice problem / resolution log.
- Ensure that contract spend monitoring reports are provided by Procurement to Drilling.
- Receipt verify key drilling invoices to original receipt documents (e.g. Rig Contractor, others deemed critical by Drilling management).
- Investigate and make coding corrections as requested by drilling cost engineer.
- Financial Reporting
- Data Analysis
- Financial Systems
- Attention to detail
Role Specific Training:
- SAP (Power Use)
- Business Focus (Power User)
- Triad (Power User)
- Capital Budget Manual
- 12 Month contract with strong possibility of extension
- Docklands location
- Mon-Fri | 08:00-17:00
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Ashleigh Pollock is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane