About this role
We are hiring an Engineering Lead for our client an Australian Engineering company focused on leading mining projects.
This individual will be working with world-class clients to bring solutions that are as imaginative as they are inspiring. They will thrive on taking on the challenging projects to deliver outstanding results for our clients and outstanding opportunities for our people. As this is a leadership role, firm client focus and ability to relate to clients and respond to their requirements is a must. The nature of our work requires both divergent and convergent thinking – that is combining innovative approaches with meeting scope, budget, schedule and specifically working to deadlines.
- Lead a multidiscipline team of engineers and designers with a focus on study and project delivery.
- Key role in the mentoring and development of staff and ongoing improvement and maintenance of engineering systems and procedures.
- Responsible for the overall quality of all deliverables in accordance with established company and project procedures.
- Ability to strive for innovation and fit-for-purpose solutions in all disciplines of engineering design.
- Provide leadership and support to produce engineering deliverables for projects and studies.
- Maintain engineering standards across projects and studies by identifying and implementing best practice and holding the team to account for quality.
- Ability to maintain and develop long-lasting relationships with key clients that foster potential partnership opportunities.
- Mechanical Engineering background preferred
- In-depth and relevant experience engineering of minerals processing plants, particularly in gold, base metals, and industrial minerals.
- Engineering Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering discipline.
- Proven experience leading design teams within a multi-discipline engineering and procurement framework.
- Previous experience in all stages of the EPC/EPCM project execution life cycle, from Pre-feasibility to Construction.
- Highly developed self-management skills, including time management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are essential.
- Previous site experience and willingness to travel to site during project execution
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and influence employees at all levels.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sinead McLaughlin is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary