About this role
- Being an Emergency Response Team member.
- Adhering to the organizations’ Chemicals safety, health and environment standards in the laboratory and onsite.
- Performing routine and non-routine testing for in-process and finished product on specification and non-specification related properties using Melt Indexers, OCS optical equipment, FTIR, densitometers, hydraulic presses, colorimeters and other equipment as per procedures.
- Performing chemical analysis of process samples using gas chromatographs, auto titrators and other wet chemistry methods.
- Validating testing equipment daily.
- Making real-time decisions regarding product disposition (e.g. product grading, blending consultations).
- Producing certified test results for product shipment release.
- Entering test result data in SAP and maintains an effective log.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting laboratory equipment and test method problems.
- Assisting in the commissioning of new equipment and related testing and documentation.
- Generating and analyzing statistical data to maintain quality control of existing equipment and testing procedures.
- Taking initiative to troubleshoot and address problem areas with equipment/procedures.
- Maintaining conformance to the ISO 9001-2015 standard.
- Completing and maintaining Lab and Responsible Care training requirements.
- Diploma in Chemical Laboratory Technology (three year) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated commitment to Responsible Care®.
- Strong attention to detail for accuracy of test results.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Sound technical and mechanical aptitude related to laboratory equipment.
- Strong computer systems knowledge would be considered an asset.
- Related lab experience would be an asset.
- Ability to adapt to change as required to support dynamic business needs.
- Valid G Driver’s License.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 104 offices, across 35 countries we currently supply nearly 9,000 Technical Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well-established global supply agreements.
- Vacancy number: PUB245408
- Location: Joffre
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Energy Power Plants
- Education level: Secondary School
- Area of Expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Closing date: Saturday, February 1, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Laboratory Technician - Alberta
Confirmation sent to