About this role
A leading international, upstream oil & gas exploration and production company.
- Work with Exploration and Sub-surface Development project team and develop drilling engineering input and execution plan;
- Develop drilling cost estimates ranging from simple scoping to detailed probabilistic;
- Review offset wells to identify risks & hazards, as well as best practices;
- Carry out all aspects of well design including casing design, kick tolerance, hydraulics, wellpath planning and torque & drag ensuring conformance to Company’s Policy and Standards and the requirements of local government regulations;
- Prepare drilling programs and contingency procedures, ensuring conformance to Company’s Policy and Standards and the requirements of local government regulations;
- Evaluate and recommend new technology, third-party equipment and procedures;
- Participate in risk assessment, DWOP and pre-spud meetings;
- Conduct daily well surveillance of drilling operations according to safety standards, environmental regulations and Company Policy & Procedures. Support drilling activities on the rig during critical drilling operations;
- Lead After-Action Reviews to identify best practices and lessons learned, document these in a lessons learned database. Prepare End of Well reports;
- Prepare and execute drilling tender, evaluation and award of contracts as per Company’s and PETRONAS requirement;
- Depending on the company’s drilling activities, candidate could be assigned to either exploration or development drilling activities.
- Minimum 8 years of practical experience in drilling engineering;
- Have prior experience in exploration and development drilling projects in Malaysia;
- Have drilling tender & contracting experience in Malaysia and dealing with PETRONAS;
- Experience in PMCD and MPD;
- Experience in working on the rig;
- Computer literate and proficient in Landmark’s Drilling software.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Lackshna Dasan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Malaysia Kuala Lumpur
Want similar jobs in your inbox?
Sign up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement