About this role
We’re hiring a Technical Lead for our client, a multinational Mining and Petroleum company, to join their team. The Digital Factory Technical Lead owns the architectural decisions and technical integrity of solutions built by the Digital Factory. The TL, in coordination with the Global Architecture team for standards and governance, is an executor and the visionary force behind technical solutions developed in the Factory.
The Technical Lead works closely with all Digital Factory team members to create modular, scalable solutions that comply with critical standards while addressing/incorporating best technical design practice and flexibility for future architectural changes and designs.
- Ensuring design and architecture integrity of the overall product set in collaboration with product team members and Global Architecture;
- Guiding product teams on technology strategy related to coding practices, continuous integration and automated deployment;
- Responsible for oversight of the technical design of the products, guiding product teams toward designs that are forward looking and fit-for-purpose while cognizant of the ‘as-is’ technical landscape of the asset (i.e. practical, integrate-able, supportable, secure, etc.);
- Mentoring and coaching the technical team, specifically with architecture and design reviews;
- Identify and solve all surfacing architecture and design-problems at hand by identifying and removing technical impediments;
- Working with Product Owners to align the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack;
- Acting as thought partner with the Product owner in story creation and acceptance criteria, and communicate tradeoffs effectively with Designers;
- Looking for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo;
- Providing the team a roadmap for implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality.
- Degree / Diploma in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar field is an asset;
- 10+ years’ experience in developing technology strategies and architectures particularly in the Decision Sciences domains;
- Proven experience in Agile software development processes;
- Hands-on experience building and modifying large technology stacks, platforms and tools in very short timeframes;
- Experience in product development and stakeholder management in large, complex organizations;
- Proven ability to document business strategic objectives and translate them into product or project roadmaps;
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who is self-motivated, but also a team player with a professional presence;
- Demonstrated thought leadership and is able to influence at all levels in the organization.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
Want similar jobs in your inbox?
Sign up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement