About this role
- Interface with site utilities lead to understand the scope of services and site specific utility specifications and user requirements;
- Coordination with other PM Group offices to understand the scope of work, deliverable, time lines, man hours etc;
- Carry out utility load assessments for the site to enable preliminary central plant design to be evaluated;
- Preparation of process flow diagrams (PFD’s) and (P&IDs’) for process utilities design including steam, chilled water, cooling water generation and distribution systems;
- Producing detailed flow rate calculations of site utility users;
- Lead process utility equipment selections of steam boilers, chillers, compressed air plant and associated hydronic design including pumps, flow measuring stations, control valves etc;
- Coordination of design with other design disciplines and equipment suppliers.
- A degree in Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering;
- 7+ years’ experience with an EPC firm working on Utility design;
- Design Experience on industrial plants such as Pharmaceutical, Food and / or Mission Critical (Data Centres) is essential;
- Ability to work independently on utility design interfacing with client team to understand scope and produce preliminary and detailed design deliverables including P&IDs, specifications and schedules of equipment;
- Provided technical support during the procurement process and worked effectively with equipment vendors during detailed design to achieve the client requirements;
- Design experience with clients from Europe or the USA is essential;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Remote working skills are key;
- Willing to travel to Europe for 1 to 3 month on selected projects.
What we offer
Job Location: Bangalore
Employment Type: Permanent
Brunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a company registered in the Netherlands with global operations in 50 + countries with 100 + offices. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Upstream Oil & Gas, Downstream Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power Generation, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Brunel is the leading manpower supplier that provides specialist knowledge to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our core services are Pay Rolling, Contract Hire and Direct Hire services for major operating companies and EPC contractors.
Since its incorporation in 1975, Brunel today is an international group with over 13,000 employees and EUR 1,386 million (2014) annual turnover.
Brunel International N.V. is listed on Euronext Amsterdam N.V. and included in the Amsterdam Midcap Index (AMX).
- Publication: PUB247024
- Location: India
- Market: Infrastructure
- Hours per week: 45
- Branche: Building & Construction
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Closing date: Thursday, February 13, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Senior Utility Design Engineer - India
Confirmation sent to