About this role
• Lead a team of transport planners;• Liaise and interact with Atkins businesses in UK and ME;
• Provide technical leadership and develop the capabilities of the team;• Development and checking of models and model forecasts, reports and analyses including quality and delivery to timescales;
• Commercial knowledge – provide cost and time estimates;• For resourcing and delivery within agreed time & budget;
• Apply Atkins Quality, Safety & Environmental (QSE) standards and Business Management System (BMS);As part of a team, you will also be responsible for reporting progress and output quality, as well as developing business improvement initiatives with your line manager.
About you• Appropriate academic and professional qualifications (Master’s degree in transport planning / transportation engineering) with minimum of 10 to 15+ years of experience in transport planning;• Experience of leading transport planning projects with a broad professional knowledge and experience, able to exercise judgement in the work of others without referring often to senior staff;
• Evidence of technical leadership for project delivery in a transport planning environment;• Working experience with international standards such as WebTAG, FHWA;
• Understanding of people management issues and can conduct staff development / mentoring and appraisals;• Conversant with the commercial aspects of project management;
• Responsible for completion of projects to time and cost;• Takes responsibility for managing and delivering technical work in own and other disciplines;
• Experience of bidding for projects with high technical content;• Experience in the development and application of computer-based traffic / transport models using software like SATURN, EMME, VISUM, CUBE Voyager, AIMSUN, TransCAD;
• Strong problem-solving skills;• Experience in report writing related to transport studies;
• Experience in the use of MS Office and in the application of GIS Techniques to Transport Planning.Desirable
• Analytical skills with hands on experience in developing tools using Power BI / VBA / Python / R;• Work experience in a similar off-shoring environment;
• Professional accreditation
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
About usBrunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a company registered in the Netherlands with over 10,000 employees in 104 offices across 35 countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Upstream Oil & Gas, Downstream Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power Generation, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Pay Rolling, Contract Hire and Direct Hire services for major Operating companies and EPC contractors.
Today, we’ve grown into a global service provider with an annual turnover of € 885 million, and we’re listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV and included in the Amsterdam Small Cap Index (AScX).
- Vacancy number: PUB251192
- Location: Gurugram
- Market: Infrastructure
- hours per week: 48
- Branch: Building & Construction
- Education level: Professional Master
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Sunday, March 15, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Lead Engineer - Transport Planning - Haryana
Confirmation sent to