About this role
We are looking for a Cost Accountant for our client a biotechnology company.
- Responsible for all areas of inventory costing including labor, material, machine and overhead cost analysis including:
- Determining costs of raw material purchases, supplies and labor
- Analyzing manufacturing costs to determine appropriate overhead rates
- Reconcile monthly accounts to ensure inventory, cost of goods is accurate
- Preparation of monthly inventory and costing reports to management including margin analysis by product line
- Maintain inputs into cost accounting system
- Conduct physical inventory counts and reconcile with system reports
- Work with operations team to ensure reliable costing of new products being developed
- Prepare sales invoices, ensuring accuracy with contract terms
- Assist in the compilation of information for external auditors on a quarterly basis
- Assist with other monthly accounting responsibilities as required
- 1-3 years experience in a cost accounting role, ideally in a manufacturing setting; public company experience an asset
- University Degree or College Diploma with a focus on Accounting and Finance; CPA designation or CPA student preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word in particular)
- Experience with ERP software, ideally Microsoft Dynamics / Business Central
- High degree of accuracy with strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Criminal record check required
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sinead McLaughlin is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
Want similar jobs in your inbox?
Sign up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement