About this role
Brunel has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Advisor Asset Management working with our client who are a large global mining company located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Identify and support the delivery of holistic improvements in asset types such as concentrator, smelter, HME and underground mining equipment across our sites in Copper & Diamonds;
- Identify, propose and participate in the delivery (lead) of programs that deliver sustainable improvement in asset performance, reduce risks & costs and replicate best practices;
- Drive consistent & integrated processes and practices in the areas of maintenance work management, shutdown management, long term maintenance planning for broad asset base;
- Implement effective AM standards & AM practices from acquisition through to disposal (asset lifecycle) for driving consistency and standardization across the C&D group for optimal management of physical assets;
- Set up and manage the internal community of practice in AM across the group to share knowledge, best practices and collectively solve complex problems;
- Work collaboratively with members of central AM team and CoEs to drive continuous improvement in various areas of asset management to strive towards integrated approach to delivering AM work.
- Holistic asset management experience in fixed plant (concentrator, smelter), HME and underground mining equipment;
- Demonstrated experience in driving AM standards and standard approach to AM work delivery in multi-site environment;
- Strong experience in leading practice replication in asset management especially in work management, shutdown (project) management, long term maintenance planning etc.;
- Significant understanding of risk-based approach to asset management & drivers of asset integrity risks and mitigation actions;
- Experience working with studies (new projects) and provide recommendations on new asset selection strategy as well as disposal strategy for old (retiring) assets;
- Ability to lead with influence and working with large body of stakeholders to drive community of practice and governance forums leading to replication & sustained improvements;
- Demonstrated relationship building and stakeholder management skills backed up strong and negotiating skills;
- A natural problem solver who leads with curiosity and provides innovative solutions to complex issues;
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or related discipline.
Why apply through Brunel?
Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Join the Brunel Family
Large global mining company.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sarah Logan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston
Want similar jobs in your inbox?
Sign up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement